Last updated: October 23, 2018
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to information you provide to us or that we collect automatically when you visit, access, use, or register with WanderApp’s Application and when you interact with Application content or applications that may link to or be accessible from or on the Application that are provided or managed by a third party. This Policy also applies to information we collect when you visit or use the WanderApp Site or otherwise, such as when you communicate with us through email, text, or other electronic means.
This Policy will tell you:
- Who collects information;
- What types of information are collected and how this is done;
- How WanderApp uses and discloses the information that is collected;
- How WanderApp secures your information;
- Where you can get answers about this Policy.
What types of Information do we collect and process about you?
We receive and store certain types of information from you when you interact with our Application and/or Site to deliver the Service you and help improve your overall online experience.
- Information You Provide to Us. When you download, register with, or use the Site, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other information the Application and/or Site collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location and other information obtained from usage of the Application and/or Site.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Application and/or Site; This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Application and/or Site, subscribing to our service (if applicable), posting material, and requesting further Service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Application and/or Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondences (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site.
- Information linking or connecting or accessing your social media networks (such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Information Browser Sends When you visit our Site or access the Service By or Through the Application, we may collect this information (“Usage Data”):Record of traffic data (ie. Internet Protocol address), device information, the website you visited before ours. We collect Site and Application statistics, which we cannot identify any individual from the traffic data, Site statistics or other diagnostic data, including computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP Address), browser type, browser version and information about your use of the Application and/or Site (pages you viewed, date and time of visit, amount of time spent on those pages and unique device indicators and other diagnostic data).
- Automatic Information Collection and Tracking When you download, access, and use the Application and/or Site, We may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details When you access and use the Application and/or Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application and/or Site, including traffic data, location data (described further below), and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application and/or Site.
- Device Information We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files The Application and/or Site also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
How we use and share your Personal Information?
We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide.
Whatever the purpose may be – whether we share with service providers or other external entities – we only process and share your Personal Information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform support Service for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those support Service. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may provide affiliates and third parties with reports about how influencers are creating experiences and the kinds of people attending such events, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to help them better understand their audience. We may also connect to your other social media accounts, which WanderApp will ask for permission to access this information. WanderApp will not be able to post any of this information collected from these social media accounts on the user’s WanderApp account.
We use your information to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Site and Application and information you have requested from us. We also use the information to improve and protect our content, Site, Application and Service and provide an enhanced, personal experience for our users. The use of this information is also for security purposes, including detecting, preventing, and investigating prohibited activities or to protect our legal rights., as well as detecting, preventing and addressing technical issues with our Site, Application and/or Service.
We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Provide you with specific services covered under the terms of a contract with one or more of our Clients for example should you want some cinematography work, then we shall connect you directly with a vendor to provide such services;
- Perform certain requests/transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or Service;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run our business;
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Application and/or Site administration.
Authorized Service Providers
We use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf to help us improve the Service. We may disclose certain Personal Information to these companies and other individuals performing Service in the United States.
Change of Ownership or Business Transaction
We may otherwise disclose Personal Information as permitted or required by law, when we believe in good faith it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend our legal rights, prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service, protect personal safety of users of the Service or public. We may also disclose Personal Information to our auditors, legal advisors, or to respond to a subpoena. We may also aggregate information that we gather about you (e.g. traffic patterns, Service usage) and provide these statistics to others in aggregate form.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) login credentials including a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Application and/or Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
How do we protect international transfers of Personal Information?
If you are a user of the Application and/or Site and prefer not to have your Personal Information transferred to the United States, do not use the Application and/or Site. Otherwise, by using the Application and/or Site or providing any information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to the United States and any other destinations outside of your home country.
If you are located in jurisdictions outside the United States, what are your rights concerning your Personal Information?
Some non-United States jurisdictions maintain local data protection regulations that confer some data protection rights on individuals. WanderApp will address such rights as required by applicable laws. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
European Union (EU) Customers
If you are located in the EU or EEA (“EU Customer”), you have certain additional rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
- Legal Basis for Processing If you are an EU Customer, we will only process your personal data:
- To perform by providing Service to you which you have requested;
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (e.g. to communicate with you about changes to our Service, to advertise our Service, and to provide, secure and improve our Service);
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
- Data Subject Requests If you are an EU Customer, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You may also have the right to restrict certain processing of your data.To make any of these requests please email us at the information as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond as soon as practicable and no later than one month after receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.We may deny or restrict fulfillment of your request in some cases, such as when your access to data places another individual’s privacy rights at risk, or the continued processing of your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. If so, we will notify you of the reason(s) for this denial.
- Questions or Complaints If you are an EU Customer and have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
How long do you retain my Personal Information?
What about Minors and Children Under 13?
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly track the use of our Application and/or Site by minors. Our Application, products and Service are all directed to people who are at least 13 years or older.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your Personal Information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by changing their information in their Application and/or Site settings.
Wander App Inc.
7190 W Sunset Blvd #5C
Los Angeles, CA 90046
We will investigate your complaint and use reasonable efforts to respond to you as soon as possible.